The Medifast diet has become popular among many people who are interested in losing weight. It is a replacement diet packaged foods, including liquids and foods like soups, smoothies, desserts, bars, etc. For $300 you will receive a voucher for a month of meal replacement foods low in calories. The Medifast diet meals have to be consumed five times per day, with a freedom to eat lean meat and vegetable as the sixth meal if desired.
It has been said that the diet plan can reduce around 20 pounds within a month following the Medifast diet plan. The essential idea of this diet plan is the fact by consuming foods low in calories (800-1000cal/day), the body utilizes stored fat for its energy needs while preserving muscle mass.
Medifast Diet Overview
All Medifast diet meals are fortified with essential vitamins and minerals. They consist of low-fat and low glycemic index. Many of these foods are gluten free. The Medifast diet is relatively effective among many people, however there are many people who have complained about the side effects of the medifast diet. The Medifast dier is divided into three phases, 5 y1 plan, transition and maintenance.
Side effects of Medifast include:
- Fatigue and dizziness: in the initial phase many people have complained of fatigue and dizziness due to the adjustment of the body too low in calories
- Leg cramps: as the program medifast diet is low in calories there are cases of leg cramps due to low potassium levels. However, medifast soups or broths have been known to improve level of potassium. But, at the same time, dieters should note that high levels of potassium can effect hear function. For this reason, it is always advisable to ask your doctor before starting the diet. Drink plenty of water while following a Medifast diet, as it can help reduce leg cramps.
- Headaches: after starting medifast diet, headache is a common effect that occurs in the first week. This is due to the process of fat burning in the body. If the headache persists for days, you have to consult your doctor.
- Menstrual irregularities: rapid weight loss can cause increased levels of estrogen in the blood. This may possibly alter the menstrual cycle.
- Diarrhea or constipation and gases: gastrointestinal disturbances occur in the initial phase is attributed to the change in diet.
- A person may feel cold as a result of the low calorie intake
- Rashes: may be due to the adverse reaction to the ingredients present in the diet of Medifast
- Hair Loss: can be a side effect experienced by some individuals in the program.
How much does Medifast Cost?
Medifast provides 4-week improved packages created for men, women or diabetics. The Medifast meal package includes a blend of bars, oatmeals, brownies, eggs, drinks, soups, soft serve, pretzels, pancakes, cheese puffs and shakes. In combination with these pre-packaged foods will get Essential 1: Heart Nutritional supplements, a mixture of efa’s EPA and DHA and omega-3s/
Medifast also offers shorter terms for plans for individuals who don’t want to spend money on the product for a complete month. Two-week bundles consist of all meal choices of the 4-week plan, selections also include gluten-free and plans designed for women, men and diabetics.
If you follow the Medifast plan, you will need to buy extrac groceries to prepare your daily meal of lean meat as well as veggies. Shipping costs vary reliant on the dimensions of your purchase.